Please find below this week’s update from the RFL dated 17th December 2020
Training in January
We appreciate that everyone is keen to get back to training and playing in the New Year. We have created four-week coaching cards to be used as a guide for training throughout January as we build up towards potential spring match activity in February. These can also be found online HERE:
Week 1 commences 4th January and will include limited contact along with week 2. Full contact will commence from week 3 which is from the 18th January.
Any increased level of contact will still be controlled and in pods to minimise the numbers of players who may need to isolate in the event of positive cases being reported. As with all previous stages please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you are returning to training.
· Session plans must be in place which must clearly define what activity is permissible and for how long. As we are starting to see in other settings such as schools it is important that clubs can identify what close contact if any has occurred at each session and who may be affected to assist with any subsequent Test and Trace efforts.
· Social Distancing guidelines must always be adhered to on and off the pitch except during those narrow windows during sessions where medium risk activity is permitted. It will be challenging to maintain standards as increased contact is phased in but vital.
· Similarly, please ensure hygiene standards are maintained and rules around ensuring a Covid-19 secure venue are being observed.
· As previously included in the infographics and coaching cards Clubs are reminded that there is a maximum number of people that can be on a Rugby League pitch at any one time. The current limit is 30 and should include any coaching staff. NB. Clubs are not allowed to split the pitch in half and run two sessions, of 30, at the same time.
· Reminder that only one parent should attend any training session – this is for safeguarding reasons.
It is essential that all the protocols are adhered to, any reported breaches to these protocols will result in a misconduct charge against the Club.
Club Webinar – Save the Date
Apologies we have had to move the webinar date to the 12th January. The invite will be sent in the New Year.
Christmas Working Hours
Please note that RFL will be closing on the 23rd December and will reopen on the 4th January. We will be monitoring the competitions inbox frequently for anything urgent.
This year has been a challenge for all of us however we would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued support.
We hope you all have a lovely Christmas and fingers crossed an even better New Year.
45 Views - Last updated: 27/01/21